After facing the fact that I need a faster hosting provider, I finally decided to try out some of Amazon’s hosting products. Amazon has so many web services that it can be a little daunting to get started with them, but I decided to give it a go.
I needed to have a faster and cheaper hosting provider, so I wanted to check out what Amazon was offering. My colleagues were all raving about how cost effective it was to go down the Amazon path, but I did find that they have a lot of products which can be confusing.
The primary thing that I searched for was the capacity to have WordPress sites. After a little research, I found that Amazon had quite recently presented a program for WordPress. Utilizing their new “LightSail” item, I found that it was in reality quite straight forward to arrange and stack up WordPress. There are a few other prevalent CMS applications also, for example, Drupal and Joomla. On the off chance that you are occupied with a web based business arrangement, Magento is likewise upheld.
Lightsail is not for huge and complex sites, but rather it’s pretty darn simple for simple site requirements.
More or less, you join, put in your area name, set up WordPress, set up your DNS zones, configure the static ip and voila it works!
When you go to dispatch one of the applications, Amazon alludes to them as “occurrences”. You would choose the case that you are occupied with (WordPress, Drupal, and so forth) and take after the well ordered headings.
- The primary thing is to name your case. On the off chance that you don’t name it, Lightsail will make a name for you. Amazon works in zones, and for my situation, it’s typically Singapore. You can change the zone on the off chance that you like, however I’ve thought that it was’ better just to abandon it at the default zone
- You will likewise pick your example arrange for, which is the month to month expense that suits your necessities.
- You can likewise run different scrips and pick either the default SSH key match or change the key combine. As above, I generally stay with the default
- At that point click make. It takes several minutes and after that a page thinks of an open ip deliver and a username to interface with the case. You will require your private key from your Amazon account, so on the off chance that you don’t have one, you’ll have to make it.
- Bitnami is utilized to associate with the new site. Be that as it may, after, you’ve stacked WordPress, you login the very same route with each other facilitating organization. Bitnami is truly natural and doesn’t take more than 15 or 20 minutes to figure out how to explore around.
There is some venture aides and recordings also to help with the introduce. As indicated by the WordPress extend manage there is just 5 stages, however in all actuality, it’s more similar to 8 stages.
I stacked this up half a month prior, so I haven’t had room schedule-wise to completely construct it out, yet I had no issues stacking the topic. I’m likewise utilizing an AWS module (free) that will duplicate any media records to Amazon S3 and serve from S3 Cloudfront. Ideally, this will eliminate stack times for my pages.
It takes some getting used to not having cpanel, but rather, with everything taken into account, I would state, It’s a distinct “Yes” to in any event attempting Amazon’s Lightsail to have your WordPress destinations.